regex reading html

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.us
Wed Mar 21 21:41:08 EDT 2007

In article <mailman.5399.1174490841.32031.python-list at python.org>,
ben miller <wheelscribe at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>I've a program I'm working on where we scrape some of our web pages
>using Mechanize libraries and then parse what we've scraped using
>different regex functions. However, I've noticed that no matter what I
>do with the scraped content, regex functions can't find what they're
>trying to match. If I take the same text and manually feed it to the
>same regex functions, everything works as expected? Is there a
>specific text transformation I need to apply before feeding the regex
>functions?
			.
			.
			.
No.

There's an error, and it's in your understanding.  I don't
mean to be harsh; from the information you've supplied, all
we can tell is that it's very likely you've mis-specified
one of your "regex functions".

To make more progress on this problem, it's VERY likely
going to be best that you supply a specific calculation
that gives you a specific result different from what you
expect.  The details matter.