CherryPy + Database questions

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Mon Mar 5 08:33:27 EST 2007

Hello,

I have more of a conceptual question about the way databases work, in a web
framework, but I will be implementing things with CherryPy and SQLAlchemy.  If you
make a web form that adds rows to a database, and use sqlite as the engine, is there
a danger of a race condition if several users at the same time try to submit the
form?  I want a unique row id, and make a unique identifier for the submissions.  Am
I in danger of having multiple submissions given the same identifier?

I know that if I implemented things without a database, but used a flat file or
something like it, I would have that possibility, when two processes try to read and
update the file at the same time.

If you want something more specific, I can throw some code together, but I wanted to
get an answer before that because it will change the way I develop the code.

		thanks,

			Brian Blais

--

              bblais at bryant.edu