CherryPy + Database questions

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Mar 6 07:40:00 EST 2007

> SQLite isn't really a DBMS at all, it's just a library.

Where is the difference? From the DB-API-side none. And there are plenty of
DBs out there that work similar, like MS Access. Show me where it is
written that a DBMS has to run as separate server process.

> According to
> their FAQ (http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q8) it is only threadsafe as
> long as you aren't changing the same DB in separate threads (so no,
> not threadsafe at all).

I'm not sure if I share your POV. According to the DB API threadsafty
attribtue, it's safe to have multiple threads working on a single DB if
each has his own connection. Which is a common idiom anyway.

And AFAIK e.g. TurboGears doesn't perform any special measures to
synchronize cherrypy worker threads when using sqlite, albeit I'm not 100%
sure on this.

Diez