How to hide a program?

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Wed Jun 20 11:05:37 EDT 2007

jvdb wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've created a program that receives files and opens the corresponding
> program (for example adobe acrobat). However, when started, i would
> like to see nothing of the running program. I only want to see the
> program that will be opened.
> Is it possible to start a program 'hidden' or minimized to at least
> the system tray? And, if yes., could some one help me on this?
>
> Thanks already!
>
> Jeroen

You can do this with:

import win32process

STARTUPINFO=win32process.STARTUPINFO()
STARTUPINFO.dwX=0
STARTUPINFO.dwY=0
STARTUPINFO.dwXSize=800
STARTUPINFO.dwYSize=600
execute_target="enter program to run here"
commandLine=None
processAttributes=None
threadAttributes=None
bInheritHandles=0
dwCreationFlags=0
currentDirectory=None
#
# Start the program
#
win32process.CreateProcess(execute_target,
                           commandLine,
                           processAttributes,
                           threadAttributes,
                           bInheritHandles,