How to hide a program?

jvdb streamservenl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:22:01 EDT 2007

On 20 jun, 17:05, Larry Bates <larry.ba... at websafe.com> wrote:
> jvdb wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I've created a program that receives files and opens the corresponding
> > program (for example adobe acrobat). However, when started, i would
> > like to see nothing of the running program. I only want to see the
> > program that will be opened.
> > Is it possible to start a program 'hidden' or minimized to at least
> > the system tray? And, if yes., could some one help me on this?
>
> > Thanks already!
>
> > Jeroen
>
> You can do this with:
>
> import win32process
>
> STARTUPINFO=win32process.STARTUPINFO()
> STARTUPINFO.dwX=0
> STARTUPINFO.dwY=0
> STARTUPINFO.dwXSize=800
> STARTUPINFO.dwYSize=600
> execute_target="enter program to run here"
> commandLine=None
> processAttributes=None
> threadAttributes=None
> bInheritHandles=0
> dwCreationFlags=0
> currentDirectory=None
> #
> # Start the program
> #
> win32process.CreateProcess(execute_target,
>                            commandLine,
>                            processAttributes,
>                            threadAttributes,
>                            bInheritHandles,
>                            dwCreationFlags,
>                            newEnvironment,
>                            currentDirectory,
>                            STARTUPINFO)
>
> -Larry Bates

Hi Larry,

The thing is, i don't want to see anything of my program, just the
launched program.
I already have the program working. But when i create an executable of
it with py2exe and start it, i don't want to see that it is running,
perhaps just in the systemtray. That is my problem.

thanks!
Jeroen