Python and (n)curses

Evan Klitzke evan at yelp.com
Wed Jun 20 04:07:33 EDT 2007

On 6/20/07, peter <peter.mosley at talk21.com> wrote:

> > > For me, introducing similar commands in Python would be by far  the biggest single improvement that could be made to the language.
>
> > If it should be done, it should be done as a compatible subset of
> > curses, IMHO. It has such a long history as the standard "GUI toolkit"
>
> But curses doesn't run under Windows - thats the whole point!

I know of at least one curses implementation that runs on Windows --
PDCurses. You can find its home page at
http://pdcurses.sourceforge.net/. I have the fortune not to have a
need to do Windows curses programming ;-) so I'm not sure how good the
Python support is, but a quick Google search showed a number of ad hoc
Python wrappers for it.

--
Evan Klitzke <evan at yelp.com>