Subprocess Not Working on Solaris

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Jun 15 11:27:23 EDT 2007

On 15 Jun, 17:00, Lee <huyslo... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone ran into this problem? I've done extensive googling and
> research and I cannot seem to find the answer.
>
> I downloaded the source for 2.5.1 from python.org compiled and
> installed it on a Solaris box,

Aren't there additional linking flags for the networking libraries on
Solaris? Did the configure script and the related machinery work this
out, or was the select module disabled as a consequence of such things
not being discovered? It would surprise me somewhat that this still
needed manual adjustment given that this has always been the case with
Solaris.

[...]

> The subprocess module works just fine on a BSD box I have and after
> doing a 'find' I notice there is a select.so module. This does not
> exist on the Solaris box, only subprocess exists.

I imagine that something failed to work as anticipated in the
configuration process.

Paul