Subprocess Not Working on Solaris

Lee huyslogic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:00:46 EDT 2007

Has anyone ran into this problem? I've done extensive googling and
research and I cannot seem to find the answer.

I downloaded the source for 2.5.1 from python.org compiled and
installed it on a Solaris box,

uname -a returns

SunOS unicom5 5.8 Generic_117350-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210

When I launch the python interpreter, I try the following:

"
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jun 13 2007, 13:40:52)
[GCC 3.2.3] on sunos5
>>> import subprocess
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/subprocess.py", line 401, in <module>
    import select
ImportError: No module named select
"

The subprocess module works just fine on a BSD box I have and after
doing a 'find' I notice there is a select.so module. This does not
exist on the Solaris box, only subprocess exists. Within subprocess.py
on the Solaris box, exists the following:

"
else:
    import select
    import errno
    import fcntl
    import pickle
"

Any ideas? I'd like to get the subprocess module working...

-Lee