xmlrpclib hangs execution

itkovian at gmail.com itkovian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:10:48 EDT 2007

Hi,

> 2. The Python implementation ofxmlrpcis not very robust. It just waits for
> the connection to close. A well-written client (like your Java client)
> would detect the presence of a Content-Length header and use that.

I'm facing a similar ordeal here. I think the right thing to do would
be to adjust the xmlrpc library to parse the header and check for the
Content-Length. Right now, the socket seems to read 1024 bytes, so
naturally, when the connection closes, the socket throws an error,
because it thinks that more bytes are coming. Which sounds rather
weird to me, given the fact that in rare cases the reply will be a
multiple of 1024 bytes :-)

-- Andy Georges