Baffled on Windows.

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jun 7 11:26:49 EDT 2007

BartlebyScrivener wrote:
> On Jun 7, 8:17 am, Neil Cerutti <horp... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A good habit for naming your scripts: If you have a script and you
> want to name it text.py, or list.py or new.py or old.py or some common
> name that might be found in the thousand and one other modules and
> programs in your various installations, just use my_text.py or
> my_list.py or neil_new.py or something to reduce the chances that
> you'll be shadowing without knowing it.
>
> rick

using your advice we will start getting problems where my_new is shadowed so
then we start having to recur and we'll have names like

my_my_new.py my_my_list.py ...... my_my_my_new.py .....

I leave as an exercise the algorithm which chooses the appropriate version of
new/list to use :)
--
Robin Becker