MySQL InterfaceError

kaens apatheticagnostic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:42:03 EDT 2007

On 6/7/07, Joe <joe at incomps.com> wrote:
> > Huh the only thing I can find on InterfaceError is "Errors related to
> > the database interface and not the database itself." You might be able
> > to get some info from connection.info() . . .
>
> Yeah, I wish there was more documentation about this type of error.  The
> only thing info() tells me is that the connection is open through id ######.
>
> > Are you using utf8? MySQLdb seems to have some problems with that.
> > Also, I assume you've tried catching the error and printing the error
> > message, right?
>
> Yes, we are using utf8.  What kind of problems can be seen with it?  This is
> all I have run across so far.  What type of encoding would you suggest?  I
> am still new at some of this stuff, so if you could possibly explain
> (off-topic, so a link is fine) the differences between database encodings I
> would be grateful.
>
> And, yes, printing the error message returns absolutely nothing.  The tuple
> following InterfaceError is both the error code and message.  Unfortunately,
> it will only give me (0, '') which isn't much help.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Jough

I really don't know what kinds of errors have cropped up with utf8, or
what encoding you should use. The one utf8 error I saw online was
related to the character_set_name() call - you could try commenting
that out, and all the references to the variable set, and see if your
queries work then.

I don't know if that's your problem or not.

I guess you should go to the MySQLdb site and open a bug report there
or something. Wish I knew enough about it to help you out more, but
really, I just use it, and I've yet to have a problem with it.