which "GUI module" you suggest me to use?

Samuel newsgroups at debain.org
Wed Jun 6 10:56:56 EDT 2007

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:43:35 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

> On 2007-06-06, Samuel <newsgroups at debain.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:22:40 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>>> wxPython works fine under Windows, Linux and OSX.
>>
>> wxPython emulates Gtk
>
> What?  On some platforms (Linux), wxPython _uses_ Gtk. I don't see how
> you could say it emulates it.

That may be true in some cases, but in fact, most widgets show some sort
of difference. Take for example the HPaned - it looks totally different
(the slider is a lot slimmer, plus moving it makes a line appear. The
behavior is different as well).

Even simple widgets show differences. Try triple-clicking into entry
boxes, it's different from Gtk.

>> (though using some native widgets, it also uses some of its own) and in
>> many cases it looks non-native compared to Gtk.
>
> How can that be the case when wxPython is using Gtk?

Obviously, it does *not* always use Gtk.

>> If your target platform includes Unix systems, you'll have to decide
>> whether inconsistencies with the look and feel of the desktop are an
>> issue for you.
>
> wxPython looks completely native on Unix, because it's using a native
> widget set (Gtk).

Same as above.

-Samuel