Thunderbird access to this newsgroup

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jun 12 10:00:49 EDT 2007

Rostfrei <kukovec at gmail.com> writes:

> What is the news server for this
> newsgroup.

Usenet newsgroups are redistributed over many servers worldwide.

    <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>

> If I ping comp.lang.python it is not resolved.

That's right. It's the name of a Usenet newsgroup, not a host name.

    <URL:news:comp.lang.python>

> For instance I had no problem configuring Eclipse news server. I
> just entered news.eclipse.org as a news server address and after it
> I can browse available groups.

You can browse the groups available on that server, yes. To browse
this group, you need to find a server that carries comp.lang.python.

    <URL:http://dmoz.org/Computers/Usenet/Public_News_Servers/>

--
 \       "The man who is denied the opportunity of taking decisions of |
  `\      importance begins to regard as important the decisions he is |