Who uses Python?

Neil Cerutti horpner at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 09:00:15 EDT 2007

On 2007-06-04, walterbyrd <walterbyrd at iname.com> wrote:
> I mean other than sysadmins, programmers, and web-site
> developers?

I manage the database application, data integration, and
reporting for a financial aid office, and I use Python every day.
Though I only seldom have to write new programs or update my old
ones.

I use it to shuffle and sort important files around, to convert
reports into formats necessary for various import and export
functions, to reconcile data between database systems, and to
maintain little text databases for various business processes.

The only "programming language" I use more often is Excel
(VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables specifically). Python can replace any
individual Excel application, but I use Excel for a bunch of
one-timers, for which I find it more convenient. Python enters
the picture when I find something that I need to do frequently,
and with similar data inputs and outputs.

--
Neil Cerutti