The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sat Jun 23 01:11:18 EDT 2007

Cor Gest <cor at clsnet.nl> wrote:

>Some entity, AKA nebulous99 at gmail.com,
>wrote this mindboggling stuff:
>
>> On Jun 22, 6:32 pm, Cor Gest <c... at clsnet.nl> wrote:
>>
>> So now we're expected to go on a filesystem fishing expedition instead
>> of just hit F1? One small step (backwards) for a man; one giant leap
>> (backwards) for mankind. :P
>
>that's  M-` Escape-Backtick in a CLI, for you, thank you very much ...
>Function-Keys  do not work in in a vt100 terminal.
>
>You really are that shallow, aren't you ? and lazy too, huh ?

Boys, do you really not understand that this is a religious issue?  You
can't use arguments and logic to convince someone to convert their
religion, and you can't use arguments and logic to convince someone to
change editors.

Editors are like underwear.  We each have our own favorite brand, and
nothing you say will convince me to change mine.  Editor, that is.  I do
occasionally change my underwear.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.