Python in the Mozilla world

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sun Jun 10 10:07:54 EDT 2007

this morning I was looking at Python and XUL.  I was impressed by the very
interesting projects that were happening around 2005 but it seems like they have
all died.  Integrating Python at the Mozilla was also very intriguing as it held
the promise of eliminating JavaScript for extension development (yaaa).  But
that seems to have died as well.  In fact, it looks like that almost all of the
alternative languages for browsers have died for lack of interest or something.
  I was really looking forward to pyax

As a result, I started looking at Python generating JavaScript and I know there
is pypy but is that really something one can count on or is it more a good
demonstration of technology?

Just wondering.