win32event.WaitForInputIdle() returns too soon

Hans NoSpam at Hccnet.nl
Thu Jun 28 18:15:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm sending keyboard and mouse events to a seperate windows application.
I use win32event.WaitForInputIdle() before calling e.g.
win32api.keybd_event()
However it seems that WaitForInputIdle() returns too soon because some of my
events get lost. Now I'v created my own  WaitForInputIdle() which calls the
one
in win32event() and adds an extra sleep(0.1). As expected, this isn't
robust.

Is this a known issue of win32event.WaitForInputIdle() ?
Is it a Windows issue?
Is more involved (but not documented in the Python docs)?
Any ideas?

Thanks
Hans