win32event.WaitForInputIdle() returns too soon

Hans NoSpam at Hccnet.nl
Fri Jun 29 16:03:12 EDT 2007

"Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> schreef in bericht
news:mailman.184.1183090500.22759.python-list at python.org...
> En Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:15:40 -0300, Hans <NoSpam at Hccnet.nl> escribió:
>
>> I'm sending keyboard and mouse events to a seperate windows application.
>> I use win32event.WaitForInputIdle() before calling e.g.
>> win32api.keybd_event()
>> However it seems that WaitForInputIdle() returns too soon because some
>> of my
>> events get lost. Now I'v created my own  WaitForInputIdle() which calls
>
> From the Microsoft docs for WaitForInputIdle: "The WaitForInputIdle
> function only works with GUI applications. If a console application calls
> the function, it returns immediately, with no wait."
> A typical Python script is a console application.
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

It would explain my problem.
Perhaps I could create a small windows application as interface..
I have to think about it ( and wait, as I currently don't have access to
visual C++, nor the MS documentation)

Thanks,
Hans