Using PSE under Win32

Eduardo Dobay edudobay at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 11:13:24 EDT 2007

Hello, I've been playing around with mod_python these days (using
Publisher and PSP), and it has been working smoothly under Windows XP
(using Apache 2.2). But when I installed PSE and went to use it with
mod_python, it didn't work. The error I get whenever I try to load a
PSE page is:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\mod_python\importer.py", line
1537, in HandlerDispatch
    default=default_handler, arg=req, silent=hlist.silent)

  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\mod_python\importer.py", line
1229, in _process_target
    result = _execute_target(config, req, object, arg)

  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\mod_python\importer.py", line
1128, in _execute_target
    result = object(arg)

TypeError: 'module' object is not callable

I thought it could be some incompatibility issue between PSE and
mod_python, but I tried both installing the PSE binary and building
the sources, and it didn't make a difference. Has anyone out there had
success using PSE under Windows?

(Just for the record, I did install matching versions, at least for
Apache (2.2.3), Python (2.5) and mod_python (3.3.1). PSE doesn't seem
to have a strict version requirement.)