which "GUI module" you suggest me to use?

Samuel newsgroups at debain.org
Wed Jun 6 08:08:55 EDT 2007

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:22:40 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:

>> I know that WxPython work only under Windows and PyGTK work only under
>> Linux...
>
> You 'know' wrong.
>
> wxPython works fine under Windows, Linux and OSX.

wxPython emulates Gtk (though using some native widgets, it also uses
some of its own) and in many cases it looks non-native compared to Gtk.
If your target platform includes Unix systems, you'll have to decide
whether inconsistencies with the look and feel of the desktop are an
issue for you.

> PyGTK works under Linux and Windows, but doens't use native widgets
> under Windows, so it won't look like a "normal" windows app.

Gtk on Win32 can be themed to looked like Windows, AFAIK the Win32
installer does this by default since a couple of months.

-Samuel