python for EE CAD program

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Jun 4 10:58:25 EDT 2007

> Hello Diez,
>
> I did look at PythonCad but the distribution and install methods for
> Windows is not user freindly. Since the public domain software,  I
> don't think they protect the source code either.

The subject of code obfuscation in python has been beaten to death quite a
few times on this list, do a search to find anything you want to know.

In a nutshell: forget about it. it's not worth it, difficult to accomplish
due to the dynamic nature of python and to be brutally honest: more or less
nothing you can come up with in your own code is really worth looking at
anyway. That's not saying that you can't code, just that more or less
everything one programs is trivial and only of value in the actual context
it was written in. So nobody is really interested in ripping stuff out.

diez