The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

blmblm at myrealbox.com blmblm at myrealbox.com
Mon Jun 25 17:20:44 EDT 2007

In article <1182657564.912472.55570 at g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Twisted  <twisted0n3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 10:36 am, Martin Gregorie <mar... at see.sig.for.address>
> wrote:

[ snip ]

> * The operating system where you can do powerful stuff with a command
> line and a script or two, but can also get by without either. (Windows
> fails the former. Linux fails the latter.)

About the latter -- it's hard for me to be sure, since for many
things something with a GUI is not my first choice of tool, but
my impression is that on "user-friendly" Linux distributions,
pretty much everything, including sysadmin stuff, can be done by
pointing and clicking, starting with the menus displayed on the
default desktop.  Perhaps someone with more/different experience
can comment on how many things still require scripting or a
command line.

[ snip ]

--
B. L. Massingill
ObDisclaimer:  I don't speak for my employers; they return the favor.