Installing python under the linux

Evan Klitzke evan at yelp.com
Tue Jun 26 12:52:55 EDT 2007

On 6/26/07, vedrandekovic at v-programs.com <vedrandekovic at v-programs.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >No.  The only way to change the keywords would be to edit the
> >Python source and re-compile it.
>
> This was very helpful information , I already know that but I don't
> know how
> to that.PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THIS, I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL TO YOU.
>
> ( IF you can please step by step how to I install that source )

You need to execute the following commands:

apt-get install build-essential fakeroot
apt-get source python
apt-get build-dep python
cd python-some-more-stuff-here-and-a-version-number
(make the changes you want to make)
sudo dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b

If you need more help building the deb, you should ask on the Ubuntu
mailing lists.

--
Evan Klitzke <evan at yelp.com>