Python's "only one way to do it" philosophy isn't good?

joswig at corporate-world.lisp.de joswig at corporate-world.lisp.de
Wed Jun 27 12:34:31 EDT 2007

On Jun 27, 10:51 am, Paul Rubin <http://phr...@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:

> I personally use Emacs Lisp every day and I think Hedgehog Lisp (a
> tiny functional Lisp dialect intended for embedded platforms like cell
> phones--the runtime is just 20 kbytes) is a very cool piece of code.
> But using CL for new, large system development just seems crazy today.

It seems that many of the hardcore Lisp developers are busy developing
the core of new airline system software (pricing, reservation, ...)
in Common Lisp. It replaced already some mainframes...
Kind of crazy. I guess that counts as very large systems development.

There is sure also lots of Python involved, IIRC.