some parts of wxPython broken on Mac

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Jul 24 07:14:30 EDT 2007

ahlongxp wrote:
> Sorry, I know this is not the most appropriate place to talk about
> wxPython.
> But I can't have access to wxPython mail list page(because I don't pay
> enough).
>
> I downloaded python2.5 and wxPython 2.8.4.0 from pythonmac.org and
> installed them into one of my friends' Mac 10.4.8(intel)
> and I found wx.lib.flatnotebook and wx.xrc were broken(which are quite
> OK under both Linux and Windows).
>
> because I don't have the machine, I can't give more details.
>
> I hope someone will be good enough to check out these problems.

I'm not a Mac user, so I can't answer the technical issues. But I *do*
know that the wxPython users list is just as open as python-list, so I
see no reason why you shouldn't point these issues out there. Cost
shouldn't be a factor.

If you do so, however, you should give a little more information than
that the components "are broken". That won't help anyone isolate an issue.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119