Data type conversion

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jul 19 21:19:39 EDT 2007

ervin ramonllari wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to read some tables from a MS Access database and dump them
> into a Postgres database.
> When I read the attributes data types, I get some numeric values, i.e.
> if the data type
> of an attribute is TEXT, I get a value 202. I don't know how to convert
> this number into
> a valid data type in Postgres. If someone can help me with this problem,
> I would really
> appreciate that.
>
> Thank you in advance,

Given that you already have something that partly solves your problem
you might be abel to ge thte rest of hte information you need from this
Cookbook recipe:

   http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52267

Hope it help!

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119