Python C Embedded ! Attribute Error

Miki miki.tebeka at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:30:42 EDT 2007

Hello,

>     I am using the below C code so that i can embed a Python Code and
> get input from a python function and use it in C code .
>
>   Below is the C Code
[snipped]

>     I am getting error
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'print'
> Cannot find function "print"
How do you run your program (I suspect with 'pr pr print 1', should be
'pr pr pr 1').

FWIW, the following simplified program works:
#include <Python.h>

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    PyObject *modname, *module, *args, *value, *func;

    Py_Initialize();

    PyRun_SimpleString("import sys; sys.path.append(\".\")");

    modname = PyString_FromString("pr");
    module = PyImport_Import(modname);
    Py_DECREF(modname);

    if (NULL == module) {
        fprintf(stderr, "error: can't load\n");
        Py_Finalize();
        return 1;
    }

    func = PyObject_GetAttrString(module, "pr");

    args = PyTuple_New(1);
    value = PyLong_FromLong(10);
    PyTuple_SetItem(args, 0, value);

    PyObject_CallObject(func, args);