MethodType/FunctionType and decorators

Thu Jul 5 18:18:31 EDT 2007

On Jul 5, 5:01 pm, Michele Simionato <michele.simion... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jul 5, 3:17 pm, Alex Popescu <the.mindstorm.mailingl... at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The true story is that
> > while working on Groovy (I am a committer on this dynlang meant to run
> > on the Java VM:http://groovy.codehaus.org) and reading some Python
> > materials, my interest grew exponentially. And now I have decided to
> > see how other succesfull java project I have co-created (TestNG:http://testng.org) would look like in Python (this giving me the
> > opportunity to explore Python in more depth).
>
> If you are interested in testing, you should give a look at 1)
> doctest; 2) py.test
> (Python unittest framework should be old hat to you and not worth
> looking at).
>
>      Michele Simionato

Thanks for the pointers Michele. I have heard about those and their
are on my todo list. However, the features of TestNG
are very advanced and I don't think they are available in other
frameworks (TestNG is not a unit testing framework,
but a full flavored testing framework that fits perfectly functional
testing, integration testing, and with some of the
very advanced features even performance and load testing).
But I will make sure I am taking a look at the ones you pointed me to
(and I think I have a longer list available around).

bests,

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.