Log Memory Usage

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Thu Jul 19 05:35:56 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 09:52:36AM +0100, Robert Rawlins - Think Blue wrote:
> I have a scheduled event which occurs every minute, i just need a
> code solution to give me the systems current memory consumptions
> details, is there perhaps something in the os module?

I don't know of anything in the standard library that does this sort
of thing. Instead, you'll probably need to rely on your system's
tools. sysstat is available on Linux and provides the sar(1) command
for examining logs of various system attributes. The tool to use
depends on the system you're running.

--

[Will Maier]-----------------[willmaier at ml1.net|http://www.lfod.us/]