shutil.copyfile problem for GIS data

Ahmed, Shakir shahmed at sfwmd.gov
Mon Jul 16 13:47:30 EDT 2007

Need help to copy a personal geodatabase from one location to another:

Trying to copy a personal geodatabase from one location to another
location where all the users are retrieving data from the second
location:

1.	I can copy over the updated personal geodatabase to the working
location and overwrite it, though the file is opened by ArcGIS  users
(Local Installation of Arc GIS  on the users computers).

2.	But problem is that  I can't copy over if the same updated
personal geodatabase to the working location,  if users uses that same
geodatabase through CITRIX - ArcGIS ( user does not have  permission to
edit the data)

3.	the python script which I am using as follows:

import shutil
import os

src = "c:\mydata\test\mygeo.mdb"
dst = "v:\updated\data\mygeo.mdb"

shutil.copyfile(src,dst)

I highly appreciate if any one of you can help me and give me a
direction that I can solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Shak