Installing mod_python on mac os 10.4.7

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 02:58:43 EDT 2007

> Yeah!  So is my install good?  Why didn't the Directory tags in
> httpd.conf work?

Ok.  I got the mod_python manual's Testing directions to work as
well.  The Testing section actually says:

-------
Add the following Apache directives, which can appear in ... the main
server configuration file...and

****you will need to make sure the AllowOverride directive applicable
to this directory has at least FileInfo specified. (The default is
None, which will not work.)****

    <Directory /some/directory/htdocs/test>
        AddHandler mod_python .py
        PythonHandler mptest
        PythonDebug On
    </Directory>
(Substitute /some/directory above for something applicable to your
system, usually your Apache ServerRoot)

I'm not sure how they expect people to interpret that to mean that you
need to add(in my case):

<Directory /Library/Apache2/htdocs/modPythonPages>
    AllowOverride FileInfo
</Directory>

to Apache's httpd.conf file.  But, in any case when I add that, I get
the message "Hello World!" to display when I type:

http://localhost/modPythonPages/mptest.py

in my browser's address bar.