Installing mod_python on mac os 10.4.7

7stud bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 04:21:40 EDT 2007

The Testing section of the mod_python manual says to add the following
to httpd.conf(with my directory structure):

<Directory /Library/Apache2/htdocs/modPythonPages>
        AddHandler mod_python .py
        PythonHandler mptest
        PythonDebug On
</Directory>

and your tutorial says to add this to httpd.conf:

---
<Directory /some/directory>
     AllowOverride FileInfo
</Directory>
Replace "/some/directory" with the absolute pathname to the directory
in which the ".htaccess" file is located.
-------

and the mod_python Testing section also cryptically refers to that
addition, so is there any reason why you can't combine them into:

<Directory /Library/Apache2/htdocs/modPythonPages>
        AllowOverride FileInfo
        AddHandler mod_python .py
        PythonHandler mptest
        PythonDebug On
</Directory>

It seems to work for me.  I deleted the .htaccess file out of the ../
modPythonPages/ directory, I made that change to httpd.conf, I
restarted apache, and mptest.py displays the proper message.