Can a low-level programmer learn OOP?

hide1713 at gmail.com hide1713 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:29:58 EDT 2007

You are lucky.Our project is a cross-platform cluster computer
managment system
this system can run on both windows and Linux
http://pluster.gf.cs.hit.edu.cn/
I tell you how we solve this problems

> 1.  How to most easily learn to write simple PC GUI programs that will
> send data to remote embedded devices via serial comms, and perhaps
> incorporate some basic (x,y) type graphics display and manipulation
> (simple drawing program).  Data may result from user GUI input, or from
> parsing a text config file.  Solution need not be efficient in machine
> resource utilization.  Emphasis is on quickness with which programmer
> can learn and implement solution.

We use tk for GUI and we have a interpreter reads VB form file ".frm"
in and
display it with tk.You just need to draw forms in VB and save it in
frm formate
load it in your python file
LoadForm("aa.frm")
after that you can use button,menu and so on in python

We use XMLRPC to conmunicate with remote node.XMLRPC is very cool for
you can
invoke a function in remote side in the same way you invoke a local
method.
for example
we have an remote object foo
foo.bar() #invoke bar() in remote side
but XMLRPC is work on network.I'm not sure it can work in serial
> 2.  Must be cross-platform: Linux + Windows.  This factor can have a big
> impact on whether it is necessary to learn a new language, or stick with
> C.  If my platform was only Linux I could just learn GTK and be done
> with it.  I wouldn't be here in that case.

and most important is XMLRPC is cross-platform.you can use a linux for
server and windows for client