The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Twisted twisted0n3 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:09:48 EDT 2007

On Jul 12, 7:10 pm, Miles Bader <mi... at gnu.org> wrote:
> Twisted <twisted... at gmail.com> writes:
> > I won't dignify your insulting twaddle and random ad-hominem verbiage
> > with any more responses after this one. Something with actual logical
> > argumentation to rebut may be another matter of course.
>
> Er, why don't you just answer his question (what version)?  He's asking
> for actual information, which will help us understand what you are
> (trying) to to say.
>
> If you continue to just make vague and unsupported (and rather hostile)
> assertions, without examples, version numbers, or other concrete
> information, do you expect anybody will continue listening to you?

Some people can't let sleeping dogs lie I guess.

I can't remember the specific version after all these years. It may
have been 18 or 19 point something. As for "concrete information" this
thread is littered with fairly specific anecdotes. I know, I know;
anecdotes aren't really proof of anything. Got any better suggestions?
HCI stuff is a bit slippery to try to hang a rigorous theory and
quantitative facts upon. For most people, a crappy interface isn't
something they can precisely define, but they know it when they see it
(or at least try to use it).