The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Wildemar Wildenburger wildemar at freakmail.de
Sun Jul 8 16:49:01 EDT 2007

David Kastrup wrote:
> Twisted <twisted0n3 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Judging by the existence of the newsgroup comp.emacs, emacs is
>> indeed considered by some to be a quite valuable antique. Otherwise
>> why on earth would it have an apparently fairly active newsgroup a
>> full seven years into the 21st century?
>>

> As opposed to your brain, Emacs has not undergone fossilization 10
> years ago.
Will you people let it go already? Didn't we agree that guy was
trolling. Just let the man rant. What harm does he do? At least he's not
bombing busses in Jerusalem or Bagdad, not spreading AIDS in Africa, not
selling kids lives to companies. He just pookes fun at everyone. Why do
you people care? Its a text editor, dammit. Let go.

/W