code indentation

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Jul 26 07:43:44 EDT 2007

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> *  (Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:22:03 -0700)
>>> Whats stupid about this? It's sane advice.
>>>
>>> Which looks more serious to you:
>>>
>>> this:
>>> I can't do it!!!! Can you PLEASE help me????!!!?!
>>>
>>> or this:
>>> I don't know the answer. Can you please help me?
>>>
>>> Even if it makes no difference to you, to many people it does. So Ben is
>>> right: People *will* take your posts more seriously if you restrict your
>>> use of punctuation (if only because its easier to read).
>>> Don't feel offended, nobody was trying to put you down.
>> On this group I ask for serious help and now we talk about
>> communication. Then I you don't know how to help me then please DON'T
>> SAY ANYTHING
>
> You already got serious help even though you haven't realised that
> yet.

We should be making allowances for this particular poster on account of
relative youth: I hadn't realised earlier, but we are dealing with a
fourteen-year-old. Since fourteen-year-olds already know everything we
should be honored we are being asked for help at all ;-)

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119