Why PHP is so much more popular for web-development

walterbyrd walterbyrd at iname.com
Thu Jul 26 08:42:06 EDT 2007

On Jul 22, 12:17 am, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:

> Either you are a casual user with 101 web
> development skills trying to set up your personal home page

But this, sort of, brings me back to my original point. Nobody starts
out being advanced. There are  substantial differences in cost, and
deployment, between PHP and Python.  It is much easier to get started
with PHP. And once somebody has started with PHP, that person is
likely to stay with PHP. Most PHP developers do not see a compelling
reason to start all over again with Python.

BTW: I have a certain amount of respect for PHP, and PHP developers.
PHP5 is a big step forward over PHP4. And, there have been substantial
web projects completed with PHP - probably more so than with Python.