Why PHP is so much more popular for web-development

SamFeltus samfeltus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 14:14:28 EDT 2007

PHP is just a more inclusive community.  The PHP community is more
concerned with the casual user and the end user.  This is PHP's core
strength, and one of Python's core weaknesses.  The Python community
would be wise to adopt PHP's concern for the end user.

That being said, I don't think you will find PHP easier than Python.
I think the reverse is true, except in the simplest cases.  Also,
Python is economical and easy to use if you go with a Python centric
web host, such as Web Faction.