Anyone persuaded by "merits of Lisp vs Python"?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Jan 6 11:12:13 EST 2007

In article <1167986689.741094.252270 at v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
Ant <antroy at gmail.com> wrote:

>So far? After a bit of pain getting started and finding decent docs
>(while waiting for the books to arrive) I've found the language quite
>easy to use. I haven't got into closures or macros yet - I need to get
>more familiar with the basics first, but first impressions are
>favorable. It seems that there is nothing conceptually in Python that I
>can't reasonably easily do in Lisp, but the Python syntax is much more
>straightforward for most of the basics I think (such as dictionaries,
>sets, list comprehensions etc), and the function/naming conventions for
>the core language is much clearer and more obvious than in Lisp.

Just remember: today is the car of the cdr of your life.

Once upon a time, I was working at a company that was a commercialized
MIT Lisp project rewritten in C.  One day I was amused to discover that
buried deep in the code were a pair of functions, car() and cdr()...

"Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose."