Anyone persuaded by "merits of Lisp vs Python"?

Fri Jan 5 01:28:21 EST 2007

In message <1167459454.002991.64260 at 48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com>,
xscottg at gmail.com wrote:

> [3] I thought it was particularly cool how Tcl could bolt on a class
> based object oriented system as a library.  The word "class" isn't
> built into the language, but that kind of evaluator lets you add it.

I have written about two notrivial scripts in Tcl. I don't think I will ever
bother to write another, particularly since I now know Python. Dealing with
arrays is an absolute pain, because the language doesn't have references
and arrays as first-class objects.