py2exe: zipfile=None raised ImportError

Tim wise at hyperformix.com
Thu Jan 11 14:32:46 EST 2007

I'm at the end of my limited experience...

I'm using py2exe to create an executable. I'm using bundle level 1.
When I don't use the zipfile option, the executable and library.zip get
created and the executable works correctly.

When I add the zipfile=None option to put everything into the exe, the
exe doesn't work. It raises an ImportError whose traceback is:

File "...boot_common.py" ... no module name linecache
File "<install zipextimporter> ... no module named zipextimporter
File "my.py" ... no module name optparse

It looks like the imported modules are not being found in the zip, or
something didn't get included that needed to be included.

Does anybody know what's happening and how to fix it?

Thanks.
--
Tim