py2exe: zipfile=None raised ImportError

Thomas Heller theller at ctypes.org
Thu Jan 11 15:13:24 EST 2007

(I forgot to copy the list ;-)

Tim schrieb:
> > I'm at the end of my limited experience...
> >
> > I'm using py2exe to create an executable. I'm using bundle level 1.
> > When I don't use the zipfile option, the executable and library.zip get
> > created and the executable works correctly.
> >
> > When I add the zipfile=None option to put everything into the exe, the
> > exe doesn't work. It raises an ImportError whose traceback is:
> >
> > File "...boot_common.py" ... no module name linecache
> > File "<install zipextimporter> ... no module named zipextimporter
> > File "my.py" ... no module name optparse
> >
> > It looks like the imported modules are not being found in the zip, or
> > something didn't get included that needed to be included.
> >
> > Does anybody know what's happening and how to fix it?

I have don't know if this helps or not, but you should better clean everything
(remove the build and the dist subdirectories) when you are changing the options in the
setup script and 'recompile'.

Another tip:  You can examine what is in the zipfile, or the exe (if using
zipfile=None) when you rename the file to a *.zip file, and open it with
winzip or another archiver.

Thomas