Problem Running Working Code on Mac

goodepic goodepic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 16:35:14 EST 2007

I'm newish to python and just got my first mac, so sorry if this is
stupid.  I have a little app developed by someone else in wxGlade that
implements a complex stats package and language package, all in python.
 It works fine on my work PC, but not on my laptop.  I have a new
macbook 2ghz core duo, running os x 10.4.8 with python 2.5 installed (I
didn't erase the base 2.3, just put /usr/local/bin at the start of
$PATH), along with the latest wxPython, can't remember the version
number.  I need to add a few more components from the stats package,
and I'd like eventually to pretty up the cheap GUI I was given, but
that'd be icing.  When I try either python <filename> or pythonw
<filename>, I get this error:

WARNING:root:Could not import module "PyPar", defining sequential
interface
WARNING:root:No MySQLdb module available
WARNING:root:No pgdb module (PostgreSQL) available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "febrlgui.py", line 513, in <module>
    frame_1 = MyFrame(None, -1, "")
  File "febrlgui.py", line 198, in __init__
    self.__set_properties()
  File "febrlgui.py", line 355, in __set_properties
    self.a_box1.SetSelection(-1)
  File
"//Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-mac-ansi/wx/_core.py",
line 11487, in SetSelection
    return _core_.ItemContainer_SetSelection(*args, **kwargs)
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "IsValid(n)" failed at
/BUILD/wxPython-src-2.8.0.1/src/mac/carbon/choice.cpp(242) in
GetString(): wxChoice::GetString(): invalid index

Of course I'm traveling soon and need to be able to work on this on my
macbook, so it's down to panic time.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt