Any python scripts to do parallel downloading?

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:24:21 EST 2007

Michele Simionato wrote:
> On Jan 31, 5:23 pm, "Frank Potter" <could.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to find a multithreaded downloading lib in python,
> > can someone recommend one for me, please?
> > Thanks~
>
> Why do you want to use threads for that? Twisted is the
> obvious solution for your problem,

Overkill?  Just to download a few web pages?  You've got to be
kidding.

> but you may use any
> asynchronous framework, as for instance the good ol
> Tkinter:

Well, of all the things you can use threads for, this is probably the
simplest, so I don't see any reason to prefer asynchronous method
unless you're used to it.  One Queue for dispatching should be enough
to synchronize everything; maybe a Queue or simple lock at end as well
depending on the need.

The OP might not even care whether it's threaded or asynchronous.

Carl Banks