OT Annoying Habits

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jan 20 02:13:46 EST 2007

"Hendrik van Rooyen" <mail at microcorp.co.za> writes:

> "Steven D'Aprano" <steve at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au> wrote:
>
> > .snoitnevnoc
> > hsilgnE tpada )ylbissop revenehw( dluohs ew os dna ,naitraM ton ,puorgswen
> > egaugnal hsilgnE na no er'ew ,segaugnal hcus era ereht fi neve tuB
>
> First I thought it was Welsh or Cornish or something.
>
> Then it was like being in my first year of school again-
> reading letter by letter.  Never realised how difficult it is.
>
> I suppose it will improve with practice.

Alternatively, you could consider it to be an active impediment to
understanding, which, no matter how convenient it may be for the
person writing it, is against the norms of written English and
inconsiderate of the reader.

With that in mind, you might convince those who write their messages
that way to conform to the norms of written English for the sake of
communication.

--
 \     "No wonder I'm all confused; one of my parents was a woman, the |
  `\                          other was a man."  -- Ashleigh Brilliant |