Getting to an SSH account over a HTTP proxy

Jorgen Grahn grahn+nntp at snipabacken.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 22 15:55:32 EST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 14:40:49 +0100, Diez B. Roggisch <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
>
>> I want to use Python to connect to a SSH account over a HTTP proxy to
>> automate some operations. I thought paramiko would be able to do that,
>> but it can not (it seems).
>>
>> Is there some other Python module that can do what I want?
>
> Is there anything that can do what you want? Last time I checked there is no
> such thing as SSH-over-HTTP. Are you sure that is possible?

I am pretty sure there is. Or at least TCP-over-HTTP, or IP-over-HTTP. An
acquaintance of mine used it to tonnel home through a corporate firewall. I
think -- I didn't want to know the details.

If you implement in the same way as ssh tunnels, the application doesn't
need to know anything about it -- you just talk to a TCP port on localhost.
Good for everyone involved.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@        Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/     snipabacken.dyndns.org>  R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!