Barcode recognition in Python

Jorge Godoy jgodoy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 08:22:00 EST 2007

"PaoloB" <pibizza at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am searching for a python library for barcode recognition. We have
> developed a rather complex application for document tracking and
> document management in python/Zope, called PAFlow (www.paflow.it:
> sorry, most of the information is in Italian...).
>
> As our project is completely free software, we will need a library that
> is free software too.
>
> Is there something like this in python ?

Sorry, but what do you mean by "barcode recognition"?  A barcode reader
already decodes the barcode and sends the decoded output.  If it is one
plugged in a keyboard port, for example, reading the barcode or typing the
"message" is exactly the same thing.

Or are you willing some kind of OCR to process the barcodes without a barcode
reader (why having barcodes then?)?

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy at gmail.com>