howto redirect and extend help content ?

Stef Mientki S.Mientki-nospam at mailbox.kun.nl
Sun Jan 28 10:58:01 EST 2007

I'm making special versions of existing functions,
and now I want the help-text of the newly created function to exists of
1. an extra line from my new function
2. all the help text from the old function

# the old function
def triang(M,sym=1):
     """The M-point triangular window.    <== old help text
     """

# the new function
def chunked_triang(M):
     """ Chunked version of "triang"      <== the extra line
     """

 >>> help(chunked_triang)
# should give something like

chunked_triang(M)                        <== the new definition
     Chunked version of "triang"          <== the extra line
     The M-point triangular window.       <== old help text

Is that possible ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki