My python programs need a GUI, wxPython or PyQt4?

hg hg at nospam.org
Wed Jan 24 01:47:26 EST 2007

Laurent Rahuel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I known this can be impossible but what about an "HTML" GUI ?
>
> Daniel Jonsson wrote:
>
>> So, I've reached the point where my building pipeline tools actually
>> needs to be used by other people in my company. By this reason I
>> actually need to think about the usability, and I've come to the
>> conclusion that I need a GUI. So, which of the two packages should I
>> learn, and which one is easier to pick up?
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Daniel

I think it has been proposed.

I have customers that require that but usually find two major issues with
the concept:

1) Unless very knowledgeable in Ajax, it is quite difficult to reach the
same level of functionnality from a browser
2) accessing local devices generally requires browser plugins (XPCOM for
mozilla and ActiveX for IE) .... which are a pain to code and are
considered a security breach.

hg