Python Windows Editors

stef s.mientki at id.umcn.nl
Tue Jan 23 03:44:46 EST 2007

Laurent Pointal wrote:
> W. Watson a écrit :
>
>> I downloaded python-2.5.msi and installed it. I believe its editor is
>> IDE. I understand there's a Win editor called pythonwin. I believe it's
>> in the download pywin32-210.win32-py2.5.exe, but I'm not sure if this
>> exe file has just the editor or all of Python. Comments? If not how do I
>> get the PythonWin editor by itself?
>>

> Have you take a look at the IDEs page in the Python Wiki (python.org)?
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments

just what I said, TOO many ;-)
and of course how do you keep these pages up-to-date ?
Zeus (commercial) isn't mentioned ...
SPE which has great credits, but can't be found, and if you find it
somewhere, no manual and it crashes within 30 seconds (repeatly)  ;-)

Not an easy task I guess,
but it would be nice to have some voting system,
(maybe only to allow voting when you have compared at least 2 programs)
that would represent the current state,
and in which new programs would have a fair chance to start.

cheers,
Stef Mientki